Friday, December 08, 2006

Blind leading the blind....times 5



I couldn't believe what i was seeing.... I thought it was amazing when a few weeks ago I saw a blind woman lead a blind man through on-coming traffic.

But... the other day, as the bus I was on pulled into a bus stop, I looked out the window and saw 5, yes 5 (five), old people in a congo line one hand on the shoulder in front, every second one had a cane. The old man in the front of the line expertly used his cane and guided the group through the crowd of people and parked cars on the sidewalk. I had to take a second look to make sure i was really seeing what i thought i was seeing. So very interesting!

A few days later after mentioning to friends what i had seen i found out that i had been witnessing a training session for people with a visual impairment to learn how to use a cane. So there you go!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?