Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Belated HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

Ok, this post is not about Changsha, but since last Friday (26th January) was Australia Day I thought I could post this link . It made me smile.

Sometimes in class my teacher asks me questions like "So in China everyone calls you a foreigner, stares at you, points at you, charges you more for goods, talks about you openly as if you aren't there....what do you do if you see a foreigner in your country" - I've tried to explain so many times that it is totally different - because any individual Australian may have ancestors from any number of "foreign countries" and so it is impossible to tell by simply looking at someone that they are a "foreigner" and even if you could, it wouldn't even compare in significance to being spotted as a foreigner in China. Ok....RANT over.... you'll understand what that refers to if you check out the link...although I'm yet to meet an "Indigo Australian".

Comments:
Australia is such an anomaly. Compareed to a country like China which has such massive 'gravity' of history, culture and heritage... such a massive population... such a massive force of will...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?