Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!


Happy New Year! 新年快乐!

Well I'm currently in Australia and am missing out on all the celebrations and NOISINESS that accompany Chinese New Year in China. The last time I celebrated Chinese New Year there it was amazing, at midnight everyone set off fire crackers and huge fire works. The ground actually shook and the air was so full of smoke you could hardly see anything!

Well I do have one New Years photo to share with you. Just before I left Changsha I was invited with many other foreigners to attend a New Years performance in Changsha. It was quite good with an orchestra from Shanghai (I think) playing lots of classical pieces, a couple of opera singers and some traditional chinese folk music and dances.

Welcome to the Year of the Pig!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?