Monday, July 07, 2008

Facebook blocked?

Well it seems the olympics are playing all havoc with visas here in China and now maybe even the internet?

Facebook has become the place where I spend most of my time on the 'net so much that I don't even post to this blog very often....that is until facebook doesn't work.

It seems that Facebook is currently blocked here in China (for the last week approximately)- I can access it via a proxy via a proxy (yes crazy - not even one proxy will do it!) and then I only get the basic views - i can't change my status, click on tabs or post. Other than that the internet is really really slow and other random sites seem to be blocked as well - including www.weather.com. Downloading of emails is also hit and miss.

We'll wait and see if this will be a long term thing or just a short term random annoyance.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?